The Creative Work Fund team is very excited to share 2022 program details with the community, and invite Bay Area artists and nonprofit organizations to create new art works through collaborations. This grant program celebrates the role of artists as problem solvers and the making of art as a profound contribution to intellectual inquiry and to the strengthening of communities. Artists are encouraged to collaborate with organizations of all kinds, stretching boundaries, and forging new partnerships.
The full guidelines are here, and here’s the at-a-glance version:
ALL OF THEM
Artists from all artistic disciplines are welcome to apply in collaboration with a nonprofit organization (or an organization fiscally sponsored by a nonprofit) of any stripe. Lead artists will be asked to identify primary and secondary artistic disciplines in which they have strong track records of accomplishment.
In November 2022, the Fund will award approximately $700,000 in grants to nonprofit organizations and collaborating artists. Grants will range from $15,000 to $50,000 (that’s an increase!). Projects are expected to be completed within two or three years, but those of longer duration will be considered.
The timeline is on our calendar. Here are key dates:
- March 21. The letter of inquiry window opens
- May 18. Letters of inquiry are due
- July 1. Invitations to full proposal
- August 19. Full proposals are due
- November 1. Grant awards announced.
We’re finalizing a March – May schedule for
- applicant webinars and (pandemic-permitting) in-person seminars that allow you to learn about the program, how to apply, and meet the new program lead for the Creative Work Fund (our search is underway!).
- panels where our fellow funders join us to present all of our grant opportunities for individual artists and creative community.
If you haven’t subscribed to our well-behaved announcement list, please do, so you can stay in the loop with upcoming program announcements. If ye olde email is not for you, follow us on Twitter, and expect to see more from us on Instagram.