Mark your calendars! Artist Desi Mundo and The Community Rejuvenation Project have launched a key phase of their collaboration with The Greenlining Institute — a series of free public events and community engagement activities intended to broaden the conversation around arts and culture, public art, cultural equity, and cultural preservation in Oakland. These events will include opportunities for community members to give direct input into the design for the new mural that Mundo and his team are creating for The Greenlining Institute in downtown Oakland. Guests also will have multiple opportunities to learn from the artist about his process. Coming dates include:
- February 12, Oakland Asian Cultural Center, 6-8 p.m.
- February 13, The Greenlining Institute, 6-8 p.m.
- March 11, Mural Design and Feedback Sessions, Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts, Studio D, 6-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 8, Oakland Asian Cultural Center
- Wednesday, April 15, The Greenlining Institute
Also coming are an art exhibit on May 1 and Artist Talk on May 14 at The Greenlining Institute. Painting of the mural will begin on May 25 and the finished work will be celebrated at 360 14th Street on Saturday, August 1, 1-4 p.m.